The HIGREEW project started on 1 November 2019 and will run for 4 years.
The project is funded by the European Commission in the Research and Innovation Action Programme.
10 Organisations from 5 different countries work together to to design, develop and validate an advanced redox flow battery, based on new water-soluble low-cost organic electrolyte compatible with optimized low resistance membrane and fast electrodes kinetics for a high energy density and long-life service.
- To develop and optimize the aqueous organic electrolyte-membrane-electrode tandem;
- To design, build, test and validate efficient AORFB cells and stacks;
- HIGREEW prototype engineering and validation in pilot facilities;
- Demonstrate the use of AORFB through the integration with renewable energy sources;
- Ensure safety and sustainability of the HIGREEW technology.
- Planned – an overview of all reports to be submitted to the EC during the project runtime
- Achieved – an overview of the achieved results within the project
Facts and figures
- Full name: Affordable High-performance Green REdox floW batteries
- Acronym: HIGREEW
- Duration: 40 months
- Start date: 1 November 2019
- Total budget: 3,78 M€
- EC Funding: 3,78 M€
The consortium consists of 10 partners from 5 different EU countries.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement no. 875613.