According to the Renewable Energy Magazine, Flow Batteries Europe (FBE) is an international not-for-profit association aimed at accelerating the decarbonisation in Europe and globally by increasing the deployment of energy storage and flexibility solutions through flow battery technology. FBE’s main objectives are:
- To promote the advantages of flow battery technologies and support the European supply chain;
- To accelerate the development and deployment of the flow battery value chain and scale up the technology via EU legislation, funding and energy storage projects.
The 16 founding members of flow battery stakeholders exist of 5 research centres, 5 industry players, 5 start-ups and 1 association:
- Industry: CellCube; InEnergy; Largo Clean Energy; Voith; W.L. Gore & Associates
- Start-up: JenaBatteries; KEMIWATT; Pinflow energy storage; Vanevo; Volterion
- Research: CIC energiGUNE; CENELEST; Tekniker; University of Padua; ZHAW
- Association member: Vanitec
FBE is inviting all European industrial and institutional organisations interested in actively promoting flow battery technologies to join.